EP Power Switchmode Transformers
Precision Inc has developed switchmode transformers utilizing industry standard configurations, such as materials and footprints. These "standard" switchmode transformers are designed around a sizing factor number. To determine which core style will work in your application we offer a Product Family Calculator to assist in the selection.
If you prefer the EP style core, the sizing factor Calculator is located below.
- Available in through hole and surface mount
- High power density/volume
- Small footprint
- Good for gapped or ungapped applications
* For standard product: Please select the quantity for each item you wish to order or receive a quote and click the 'Add To Quote' button below.
* For custom product: Please click 'Custom' button below. You will be directed to a page where you can add custom product information and attach prints.
|Sizing Factor Calculator||
Once the core has been selected please contact our design engineers to assist with the transformer design and manufacturability issues such as; turns ratio, dielectric, wire breakout, pin termination, IEC margins, Rohs, REACH and other construction related requirements.
Sizing factor notes that apply to the chart above:
- Sizing constraints: Temperature rise is 40°C, the ambient temperature is 50°C and it does not include IEC Spacing.
- Increasing the operational frequency will reduce the sizing factor number and transformer size.
- Increasing the temperature rise allowed in the part will reduce sizing factor number and transformer size.
- Adding IEC dielectric requirements will increase the sizing factor number and transformer size.