CTHT-17100 Series Current Transformer
Current transformers (CT’s), like traditional transformers, convert voltages and currents based on their turns ratio. The most important relationship for CT's is primary amp-turns equaling secondary amp-turns (Ip Np = Is Ns). This series of CT's uses a customer supplied single turn primary through the center to carry the large circuit current. An appropriate turns ratio and terminating resistor are selected to supply a voltage, Vs = Is Rb, for the monitoring circuit.
The CT benefits include safety agency isolation and isolation required by circuit needs. High current is sometimes difficult to monitor directly. It is easy using an appropriate CT. The CTHT series of current transformers are usable up to 90 Amps peak.
- Low Cost Encapsulated Transformer
- Designed for Use Over a Wide Frequency Range
- Sensitivity Can Be Set to Match Your Specific Requirements
- Can be Provided with Installed Primary for Easy PCB Installation
- Other Configurations Available Upon Request - Contact Precision
* For standard product: Please select the quantity for each item you wish to order or receive a quote and click the 'Add To Quote' button below.
* For custom product: Please click 'Custom' button below. You will be directed to a page where you can add custom product information and attach prints.
** Burden resistance value yielding, 1 Volt per amp output with a single primary turn (Np = 1)
CTHT-17100-1000, -2000 and -5000 are preferred products.
** Burden resistance value yielding 1 volt per amp output with a single primary turn (Np=1).
To match your monitoring circuitry to a specific CT, you need to know the CT characteristics in relationship to input current, turn ratio, and frequency range. The Rb referenced in the curves below is defined as Rb = 1 Volt/Is, the value which will yield one volt per amp output, where Is=(Np/Ns) Ip. To assist with choosing Rb, see graphs below. Lower or higher Rb values can be used for your specific requirements. Contact a Precision engineer for assistance (See buttons below).