Applicant Privacy Notice – Employees, Workers and Contractors
The TT Electronics group is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your application to us.
The entity you are seeking engagement with is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data)...
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth
- Marital status and dependants
- Next of kin and emergency contact information.
- National Insurance number
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information.
- Start date
- Location of employment or workplace
- Copy of driving licence
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships).
- Compensation history.
- Performance information.
- Disciplinary and grievance information.
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipe card records.
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Trade union membership.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Biometric data.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
We collect personal information about employees, workers and contactors through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency or background check provider.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We will use your personal information where reasonably required pursuant to your application. We will only use any special categories of personal data where necessary pursuant to your application.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to consider your application.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. We will not authorise the use of data unless it’s in relation to your employment.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may transfer your personal information to and from the EU.
If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information. Transfers to and from the EU to TT group companies are made pursuant to EU model contract terms of protection.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
TT will meet its obligations regarding your personal information under the law applicable to your application to TT. Depending on the country in which you are engaged, you may have the right to, and EU applicants do have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to discuss your personal data please contact the local HR officer.In the UK you additionally have the right to raise any concerns with the UK Information Commissioner.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the HR manager at the site you are applying to. They can be contacted directly or by calling the enquiries number for the site.